Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hmm Where to start?

2/20/2010


Well let’s see, some things have happened since I last wrote, where to start? Work has gone well. The situation with hubby has changed a bit. He informed me that Hazelden called him back and said our Insurance wouldn’t cover him. I found this odd so I called our Ins. company to find out what was going on. The Ins. company said that Hazelden never contacted them. So I am not sure if he lied or if the Ins. company doesn’t know what they are talking about. More about Hubby in a minute.

On Thursday the 18th, I went to a treatment center with my AA group to speak to the patients. I of course did not speak (scared to death of it). It all went really well, I got to hear 9 of my fellow AA members briefly tell there stories. I left there feeling inspired and a lot more connected to the group. They all gave me a hard time about not speaking, but it was in good fun. After the meeting I went home to discover that Hubby was hiding bottles in the garage again. Which I already had a strong feeling he was. So I left Thursday night with some prayers for him and hoped for a productive and positive Friday.
Friday, I worked and it went very well. I went to my AA meeting, but before going I took a peak in hubbies car and found an empty whiskey bottle. I am not really sure what to do. I know I can’t focus on his drinking because it just interferes with my sobriety, but at the same time I can’t just sit by and do nothing, he is breaking another promise to me. I tried to call his sister last night to ask her advice but she is out of town for a few days. So my thinking is to contact Hazelden on Monday and see if I can get him in and if so, get a hold of his sister and do a little intervention. Thinking his sister and 2 of his friends and our neighbor…Thinking maybe just his sister and myself to start and if that doesn’t work, his friends.

Financially we really can’t afford this, we only have $40 in the bank and he has no work and my checks go to Ins. But if he has no work it would be a good time for him to go. Plus I am trying to see if I can get a small loan to pay off some bills and hoping for extra to get the girls and I through the month if he goes. I am really surprised at myself that I am not feeling overwhelmed with everything. I really believe my prayers are being heard, which is something I never would’ve said 3 months ago. It’s amazing how dealing with an addiction can really open a persons mind. So these are things I need to figure out this weekend.

Well I am going to spend today (Saturday) sitting around and doing nothing! Planning on watching The time travelers wife and maybe some cleaning. Hopefully I will have some more positive things to share next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment