Thursday, February 11, 2010

1/12/2010, Adjusting to home life

I haven’t written in awhile, it’s been four days since I got home and for the most part things have been ok. The first day was really awkward, I really didn’t know what to do. I had my 1st AA meeting on Sunday. I walked in the room and it was 7 men and just me, felt weird but all in all it went well.

Today I met one of the woman I met in treatment at the airport (she was going home from Hazelden). It was nice to see her, it almost felt like I was back in treatment (which I call now my “bubble” my safe zone). We sat and talked for about an hour before her flight left, it was sad to say goodbye, but I have a very strong feeling that we will remain friends and talk frequently. Also today my old Roommate from there called me today. It was awesome to have talked with two of the girls there, it made my day.

I had my intake for my IOP (intensive out patient) today. I’m really looking forward to doing the program. I’ve only had a couple urges to drink since being home, but I have been trying to keep myself really busy with crafts etc to keep my mind off it, so far seems to be helping. Well I am going to end this good day and get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment