Thursday, February 11, 2010

12/13/2009, Survived the 1st night

Well I made it through the first night, sleeping wasn’t the best. I must be having withdrawals, was having cold sweats all night and only managed to get a few hours of sleep. I feel like I am in another world. I have yet to grasp the reality of it all. this morning I met with a mental health person (I suppose to find out what all my “needs” are, it seemed to go well though. I’ve heard that around lunch time my “buddy” from the unit I will be going to will be picking me up and showing me the ropes (the schedules, where my room is etc..).

Well, my buddy picked me up, she is very nice and very soft spoken. I am on my unit now in my room. I think I got lucky because I am in the newer part of the building, very large rooms (3 beds to a room, a sitting area, bathroom and a separate sink and counter area) My “cubical/bed” area consist of a bed, desk and armoire, it’s all very nice. We all apparently have chores every morning, which isn’t a big deal.

I’m sitting here now wondering what I am suppose to be doing. It is Sunday and it is also visitor day. Since I just got here the hubby and kids won’t be visiting. I find myself very sad, I can barely contain my tears. There is about 10 other girls/woman on the unit and pretty much all of them have visitors. Seeing all these husbands and children that aren’t mine is just making me sad, I really want to go home at this point and crawl into a ball.

I went to a lecture today, it was pretty good. Some things I found in common with what he had to say was:

Waking up & saying I’m never going to drink again.


Protecting his alcohol supply (making sure he wouldn’t run out.


The more he drank the more he fantasized about “being something more”.



He also suggested that when you leave treatment we should attend AA meetings the day we get out. One thing he did say that I really like was:

“YOU CAN ALWAYS START YOUR DAY OVER”

Well it’s been a long day and from what I hear tomorrow is going to be busy. My schedule as of now looks like I will be pretty busy. I have to take some test that is 3 hours long to determine my IQ and if I’m crazy..lol, I’m not really sure.

Well it’s been a long day and I am going to try and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment