Thursday, February 11, 2010

1/2/2010, Pissed, Hurt & Disappointed

Well today really sucked! I feel like I have been climbing up all these steps to get to the other side of recovery. Hubby and the girls visited yesterday and my 11 yr. old informed me that hubby had been drinking (he told me that he quit about 2 weeks ago) and said that he did because it was New Years Eve. Now my 11 yr. old is making excuses for drinking. It just breaks my heart. Right now my emotions are in a big ball of confusion.


I am pissed, hurt and disappointed. Luckily I have been in the family program (it’s when family members of the patients come for a few days and talk with patients, go to lectures etc.. So they can learn and we can learn from each others point of view). Ok, I honestly have to say that because of the family program I have come to the realization that there is nothing I can do about it, that it’s not my problem to solve. At the same time I don’t know what to do if he is still drinking. Is it going to be something that I can handle? How is this going to affect all of us? I just don’t know what to do. I am hoping I have an appointment with my counselor or therapist soon because I really need to talk to someone. UGG

No comments:

Post a Comment