Thursday, February 11, 2010

12/15/2009, 4 days Sobor

11:00pm, Today was a pretty busy day. I actually got about 5-6 hours of sleep. I was only emotional a couple times today, so that’s improving. I had my Butterfly ceremony tonight, which was a bit uncomfortable (don’t like being the center of attention in that way). They blew bubbles, rand bells etc… It reminded me of the movie “The yaya sisters. But to be honest I feel like I belong to something now.

Tomorrow I meet with my Counselor and discuss my care plan. I am pretty sure I’ll break down and cry. She has this effect of when you show any sign of emotion she’ll push you to find out more.

I am Thankful for this opportunity to become sober. I have not drank in 4 days and though it may not sound like much, it is the 1st time in about 10 years that I have ever gone that long with out drinking. Sad to admit, but it’s the truth. I’ve discovered today that I need to get back in touch with God/Higher Power. I’m thinking about going to Church this Sunday (They have shuttles that take the patients to churches if you want to go).

With all the lectures today I have learned that:

Being honest with yourself and others will free you


That I have been malnutrition my body due to drinking.

Well going to go to bed, it’s late. I so dearly miss my family. I am counting the day’s till Sunday for when they come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment