Thursday, February 11, 2010

12/25/2009, MERRY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


This should be a happy day but I guess I am having a pity party, I was hoping the hubby and girls would come visit, but the weather is just to bad. It’s hard to see some of the other woman having visitors, but I guess I’ll try and make the best of it. Of course the best gift I am giving myself and my family is by being here.

There really isn’t much staff here today so it’s pretty quiet. Most of the programs today have been canceled, so I have a lot of sitting around time. This morning though at group, two of the younger woman said to me that since I have been here I now have a glow about me, that I look a lot better and I have came out of my shell. It gives me hope that others see this and re-assures me that I am on the right path to my recovery. I am however a little scared for what happens when I get home,, especially if Hubby is still drinking. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

I received a phone call from my Uncle tonight, it was a huge surprise. I haven’t talked to him in 5 years or so and my Cousin also called me, it was very nice to hear there support for me.

As far as my recovery goes I feel I am making some progress. I am learning to identify my feelings, though I haven’t mastered it yet I have hope, I just look back over the last 8+ years that I have been so out of touch with who I am and what I want,, along with my feelings. It’s a learning process that I will be working on forever probably. I came here with the thought that it was just about “quitting” drinking, not realizing there was so much work to it,, the: Why you drink, What triggers you, Past problems etc….This is to much work, I didn’t sign up for this…lol

Lecture tonight was great, very uplifting and brought a lot of hope to my recovery.

A few words that stuck with me are:

Hope is recovery, recover is hope.


All the stuff in the past happened “yesterday”, Today is Today.


We don’t always have another “sobering up”.


Change who you use to be.


The day I am most complacent with my disease is the day I am going to use.


Alcoholism is a disease of the mind, body and spirit.


Alcoholism is a family disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment