Thursday, February 11, 2010

12/12/2009, Today's the Day

Today’s the day, I’m going to treatment and actually looking forward to it. (Scared shitless, but know I’m making the right decision.) I arrive at Hazelden and of course have to sit in the parking lot and have my last beer and to be honest it really didn’t even taste good, but boy I had to have that last one…lol


After Checking in:

Well I am sitting here waiting for the staff to go through my bags, they already had my car searched so now I sit. The room is cold and very dull. I’m wishy washy with emotions, One minute I am nervous and the next I am crying and wanting to go home. I just keep telling myself to just work through this.

I am in the medical part of the building (where everyone goes to detox). I haven’t met anyone yet. I went out for a cigarette and some strange younger guy was talking to me trying to guess what my “drug of choice was”. What a freak ! Now I really want to go home.

I think today and tonight are going to be the toughest for me. I’ve only been gone from home for a few hours and I miss everyone already. I feel like that is going to be a struggle for me. I look forward to talking to them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment