Sunday, March 13, 2011

Worn Out

I am really in a funk and just can't seem to get out of it. I just feel so down and tired. Part of me wonders if it's from my surgery (had a fallopian tube, ovary and cyst removed beginning of January). Not sure if it's messing with my hormones or what.

Sobriety is going good, other then with the stress of everything I have been having alot of drinking dreams and of wine. I never drank wine nor liked the taste of it, kinda a bit strange to me. I am triing to get back into my routine of three meetings a week, doesn't always work with my work schedule, but I guess I haven't been making much of an effort to find other meetings then just my home group.This week I am planning on going to my first Al-anon meeting.Hoping that'll help me with some of my issues with hubby.

The girls are driving me nuts! 15 & 12 and they think they know everything, my oldest always seems so angry with me and the 12yr. old is just disrespectful. I know I am not a horrible parent, but obviously I am not doing something right. Just need to figure out what that is I guess.

Well, I need to get dinner started and get ready for my meeting tonight (I am looking so forward to it).

I read in one of my readings today:

Five simple prescriptions for the maintenance of mental and emotional health:

*Assert yourself: No one can respond to what you don't say.
*Be teachable: The ignorance you won't admit will catch up with you.
*Find confidants: Friends double your joys and divide your sorrows.
*Contribute something: Takers end up empty handed.
*Live today: Anyone can be strong for twenty-four hours.

Now I just need to actually take that advice, and wonderful advice it is.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment