Thursday, March 11, 2010

persistence

3/11/2010




So it has been awhile since I have written. A LOT has happened. After a lot of fighting with Hazelden and the Insurance company I finally got them to say Hubby could go into treatment. The Monday he was suppose to go in they told us we had to come up with $10,000.00, which I new wasn’t right, but with my persistence everything turned out good. So as of today hubby has been at Hazelden for 8 days. The first few he was having a pretty emotional time but now he seems to be doing well. The girls and I went and visited him on Sunday and he looked good. It was really weird walking around there, almost felt like I hadn’t left treatment.

I have been having good and bad days, Thank God for my AA meetings or I don’t know what I would do. A few days ago I had a huge emotional breakdown (I think all the stress from everything the last month caught up to me). I did have an urge to drink, but I didn’t. It’s strange how 3 months ago I would’ve ran to the liquor store with no thought and now I know the consequences of what will happen if I do.
Between work, outpatient, AA and the girls I feel like I have no time, I have to work tomorrow, sat & sun and I just feel like quitting my job, I hate my hours, don’t get me wrong I like my job I just hate getting up so early. I had asked hubby’s mom to come keep an eye on the girls this weekend, but I am reconsidering it. I want to be able to trust the girls and not worry about them but they always seem to be doing things they shouldn’t even when I am around. Who knows, I guess I will pray for guidance on that subject.

Well I am going to sit and veg out for 2 hours before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment